Welcome to SACE - Melbourne
Whitsundays College of English student, Norma, recently completed her English course with SACE and obtained the level required for her direct entry to the Sunshine Coast TAFE Campus. Norma is a Peruvian student who chose the Whitsundays College of English for the course, location and options to work while studying. Norma’s goal was to reach her required English level of a 5.5 IELTS for Direct Entry to a hairdressing course at the Sunshine Coast TAFE College. SACE’s Direct Entry arrangements allowed Norma to do this without sitting an IELTS Exam. Norma said, “Everything at SACE Whitsundays was fantastic. My teacher is excellent. Please keep teaching this way!”
How do I enrol?
- You can enrol by completing the online enrolment form – (web link) or by visiting your preferred educational agent.
What is the process when applying for a student visa?
- Once SACE receives your enrolment form, the enrolment confirmation documents including an Invoice and a Letter of Offer will be sent to you. Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
When will I get my eCoE for my student visa application?
- Upon receipt of payment, SACE will issue an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) form. You will need to present a copy of the eCoE when applying for your student visa. SACE will elect the DIAC office closest to your location upon processing.
Will I get a refund if my Student Visa application is not approved?
- All tuition, OSHC and material fees will be refunded if your student visa is rejected by DIAC. The rejection letter from DIAC must be submitted with a written letter requesting the refund.
Do I need to pay for my course in full before course commencement?
- Full course fees for courses of 24 weeks in length or less are required 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date, or prior to issuing the eCoE.
- For courses 25 weeks in length and more, a payment plan will be arranged in 2 instalments. The first 24 weeks will need to be paid prior to issuing the eCoE.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please refer to the SACE Fee Schedule Enrolment Form for the full SACE cancellation policy.
How can I make payment?
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or direct deposit. You will find the SACE bank account details in the enrolment form and at the bottom of the invoice.
- Credit Card payments are accepted, however, a credit card transaction fee applies.
Where are the Cambridge Exams held?
- Cambridge exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the Cambridge test centres closest to you.
Where are the IELTS Exams held?
- IELTS exams are held in Adelaide and at various locations close to Hobart and the Whitsundays. The SACE Campus Administration staff can give you information about the IELTS test centres closest to you.
Where are the TOEIC Exams held?
- Each SACE Campus is a registered Public TOEIC Test Centre. TOEIC Exams are held each month. Please refer to the Calender of for the monthly test and registration dates.
When can I start my course?
- Please refer to the entry dates in the SACE Fee Schedule. You may also start a General English Course any Monday.
What English level do I need to start a course?
- The South Australian College of English accepts Beginner to Advanced level students. Beginners are only accepted on set entry dates. Please refer to the fee schedule.
- The Whitsundays College of English and the Tasmanian College of English accept Elementary to Advanced levels.
Do I need OSHC – Overseas Student Health Cover?
- All students studying on a Student Visa are required by the Australian Government to obtain Overseas Health Cover medical insurance. The total cover will need to be the course length, plus one extra month.
Can I transfer to a different school after I arrive?
- You may transfer your enrolment to either one of our SACE Campuses without penalty. You simply need to pay for your transport to the other SACE Campus and associated costs.
Natsumi Kaneoka recently completed her WorkOz Programme at the Whitsundays College of English. This is what she had to say: ‘When I made up my mind to go to the Whitsundays on a Working Holiday Visa, I was concerned if I can get a job because I didn’t know anything about how to get a job in Australia. I was so happy with the training in the WorkOz Programme. It was very helpful to learn good expressions for resume and the way of speaking in an interview. The practice gave me confidence. I was able to get a great job, better than I expected. I came to the Whitsundays because of the beautiful ocean, so I’m so happy to work on the ocean and see Great Barrier Reef as part of my job, and it is so fun to work with Australian staff and talk with passengers from all over the world. This job will help not only my future career plans but also my life. I’m learning so many things in my job every day. I can learn English, other languages, cultural differences and hospitality. This job broadens my horizons and makes me think about an international perspective. I wouldn’t have got this wonderful job without the assistance of the WorkOz Programme. The people in the Whitsundays are very warm and friendly. I can feel that everywhere in daily life at school, work, supermarket, on the bus and on the street.’
"I've never lived in countryside. I was born in Tokyo, Japan. Always busy! So, that's why I choose Whitsundays College of English. Beside, my agent recommend me this school and then I've heard this school life is like family. I love family style school.
I would recommend SACE Whitsundays as students and teachers are very friendly. When I need help, they help me with kindness. I was helped with booking a trip, getting tax file number, buying calling card and finding work.
I think this school is really good. For some reason, all students can be friends with each other. It's very good. I'm glad to come here."Kazuyoshi Omino
"I chose to come to the Whitsundays College of English because it is a smaller school where everybody knows each other. It’s a better way to improve my English as there are many opportunities to speak with other students. Besides this, the scenery in the Whitsundays is amazing and you can do many activities.
I am really enjoying my course. Day after day, I improve my English because the course is taught very professionally. Every day I learn new vocabulary and grammar and get a lot of speaking practice.
My highlight so far is the beautiful scenery that Airlie Beach has to offer and the Islands. Also, the friendly Australian people who help you whenever you need it."
"I was living and studying in Sydney for 2 years and I decided to do something different in life and something more challenging and that’s why I chose the Whitsundays. It offers a relaxing life with beautiful views and very friendly people. I really enjoy my course at the Whitsundays College of English. The staff are very kind and helpful in all situations.
I love the Great Barrier Reef and the Islands around here. They are so beautiful and make me feel happy. I love sailing. It is a great experience and you get to meet many new people. I also love the markets on Saturday."Eliana Canutti